Buyer Terms and Conditions
Buyer Terms and Conditions
Milestone Creative Australia Pty Ltd T/As Milestone Tix, Milestone Tix.com.au (collectively “Milestone Tix”) operate the Milestone Tix booking system and web pages (“Milestone Tix Platform”) for events created by EVENT ORGANISERS. Milestone Tix provides the Milestone Tix platform and associated software to EVENT ORGANISERS so that they may list event details, set ticket inventory, sell tickets, take registrations and manage other event functions using the Milestone Tix platform. Milestone Tix provides access to certain parts of the Milestone Tix platform to the general public so that they may transact and interact with the EVENT ORGANISER. The following Terms and Conditions of Use and Purchase Policy (“these Terms”) have been created to ensure you are happy with your ticket purchase and that you fully understand the purchase process with the EVENT ORGANISER who uses Milestone Tix, the Milestone Tix platform, Milestone Tix powered partner websites and Milestone Tix retail store associates to promote the EVENT ORGANISER’s events, sell tickets, make registrations and bookings.
Section 1: General
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- By using or visiting the Milestone Tix platform, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and to follow these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the Milestone Tix platform.
- Milestone Tix and Milestonetix.com.au (collectively “Milestone Tix”) reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the Milestone Tix platform.
- To ensure you are aware of the latest Purchase Policy and Terms and Conditions of Use, please check this page of the Milestone Tix platform periodically which is available from every event page on the Milestone Tix platform. The latest date of issue will be posted at the top of this page.
Section 2: Permitted Use Of The Milestone Tix Platform
- You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of Milestone Tix platform for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this site for any purpose other than to review an event and its promotional information, for personal use, or to purchase tickets for your personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorised by Milestone Tix to do so.
- The content and software on this site is the property of Milestone Tix and is protected by Australian and international copyright laws.
- We post a legal notice and various credits on the Milestone Tix platform, which may not be amended or removed. You must not remove this notice or these credits, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
Section 3: Links And Search Results On The Milestone Tix Platform
- The Milestone Tix platform may include links posted by the EVENT ORGANISER or automatically produce search results that reference or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. To the extent permitted by law, where Milestone Tix has no control over these web sites or the content contained within them, Milestone Tix cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in third party websites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive.
- Milestone Tix does not endorse the content of any third party site, nor do we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer in a harmful or damaging way.
- By using the Milestone Tix platform to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against Milestone Tix for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Milestone Tix platform to obtain search results or to link to another site. If you have a problem with a link from the Milestone Tix platform, please notify us at ticketing@Milestonetix.com.au and we will investigate the problem you describe in your email and take actions that we deem are appropriate in our sole discretion.
Section 4: Unauthorised Use Of The Milestone Tix Platform
Illegal and/or unauthorised uses of the Milestone Tix platform, whether for unauthorised ticket sales, unauthorised framing of or linking to the Milestone Tix platform will be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken.
Section 5: Violation Of These Terms And Conditions
- If you violate these Terms including if you post or provide User Content which violates these Terms or has violated the rights of Milestone Tix, any other User or the law, Milestone Tix may terminate your use of the Milestone Tix platform, prevent you from making all future bookings using the Milestone Tix platform, and/or take legal action against you. Where this occurs, Milestone Tix will provide you with reasonable prior notice that this will be implemented, together with reasons for that action being taken. If you wish to dispute that decision of Milestone Tix, you have 5 days within Milestone Tix providing its notice to you to do so and Milestone Tix will act reasonably in considering your response.
- If you materially violate these Terms (which includes any breach of clause 6), Milestone Tix may cancel your ticket orders in which case Milestone Tix will provide you with written notice of that cancellation together with reasons for that cancellation and will provide you with a refund of the ticket price paid by you.
- You agree that monetary damages may not provide a sufficient remedy to Milestone Tix for violations of these terms and conditions and you consent to injunctive or other equitable relief for such violations.
- Milestone Tix is not required to provide any refund to you if you are terminated as a user because you have violated these Terms, except as expressly set out in these Terms.
Section 6: Milestone Tix Copyright Policy
- You may only submit content to the Milestone Tix platform (“User Content”) where you have the rights to do so.
- In particular, you may not use the Milestone Tix platform to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material (including articles, images, stories and software) without a license, express consent, valid defence or fair use exemption to do so; and
- must ensure that the content you upload does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties (such as privacy or publicity rights).
Section 7: Disclaimers
- Milestone Tix does not promise that the Milestone Tix platform will be error-free, uninterrupted, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the Milestone Tix platform or any content, search or link on it.
- The Milestone Tix platform and its content are delivered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis.
- Milestone Tix can not ensure that files you download from the Milestone Tix platform will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features although Milestone Tix will take steps consistent with industry practice to protect against this occurring.
- Milestone Tix does not by these Terms exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or equivalent state or territory legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, Milestone Tix excludes all rights, remedies, conditions and warranties in respect of goods or services from your use of this site and the Milestone Tix platform whether based in statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent possible, the following paragraphs of this clause 7 will apply.
- Milestone Tix will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Milestone Tix platform, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, and punitive and consequential damages.
- Milestone Tix makes no guarantee of any specific result from use of the Milestone Tix platform or use of the Milestone Tix service.
- Milestone Tix disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third party users, Milestone Tix users, advertisers and/or sponsors on the Milestone Tix platform, in connection with the Milestone Tix service or otherwise related to your use of the Milestone Tix platform and/or the Milestone Tix service. Milestone Tix is not responsible for the products, services, actions or failure to act of any venue, performer, promoter or other third party in connection with or referenced on the Milestone Tix platform.
- Without limiting the other provisions of this clause 7, you may report the misconduct of users and/or third party advertisers, service and/or product providers referenced on or included in the Milestone Tix platform to Milestone Tix at support@Milestone Tix.com.au. Milestone Tix may investigate the claim and take appropriate action, in its sole discretion.
Section 8: Payment Methods
Milestone Tix processes your credit card depending upon the methods accepted by the EVENT ORGANISER which may include: Visa, MasterCard, American Express. At no stage does your entire credit card number get collected or stored in Our system. The only parties to receive the entire card number are Our bank and the Payment Gateway. If you are concerned about using your credit card online please contact us for assistance.
Section 9: Limits On Tickets Purchases Per Customer
- When purchasing tickets on Milestone Tix, you are limited to a maximum of 10 tickets for each event unless the EVENT ORGANISER has authorised such purchases in its terms and conditions.
- If you try to circumvent the Milestone Tix platforms to purchase more than 10 tickets the EVENT ORGANISER may at its discretion cancel additional bookings.
- This limitation has been designed to prevent unfair buying practices at popular events and make sure everyone gets a fair chance of attending the event.
- The reselling of tickets is strictly prohibited by non-authorised resellers, tickets found to be resold may be voided and canceled at Milestone Tix’s discretion.
- Milestone Tix is not responsible for refunding the value of any ticket or costs associated with the purchase of reseller tickets.
Section 10: Pricing And Ticket Availability
- Milestone Tix sells tickets on behalf of EVENT ORGANISERS which means Milestone Tix does not determine the ticket prices, booking fees, postage and handling fees (if posted tickets are an option) or the seating selections.
- Ticket inventory is the responsibility of the EVENT ORGANISER.
- Inventory set by the EVENT ORGANISER, popular events may sell out quickly.
- Occasionally, additional tickets may be available in addition to inventory using Milestone Tix set by the EVENT ORGANISER, however the EVENT ORGANISER controls this inventory and its availability.
Section 11: Credit Card Purchases – Proof Of Identity
- In rare cases Milestone Tix and/or our partners may request that a ticket holder present the credit card used when purchasing tickets in order to gain admittance to the event, or prior to the event for fraud preventative measures.
- If you are unable to present the credit card used to purchase tickets and a picture identification (which must match each other and must match the name under which the booking was made) Milestone Tix may at its discretion cancel any tickets under the booking and refuse entry into the event.
Section 12: Licensed Venues – Proof Of Identity
Milestone Tix sometimes sells tickets for events at licensed venues, and these venues require a valid driver’s license, passport or proof of age to prove you are over 18 years of age. You may need to present this proof at the event venue to obtain admission.
Section 13: Delivery Of Tickets
- Through the Milestone Tix platform the EVENT ORGANISER may elect to offer one or more of the following delivery options for your ticket order. The proof of identity requirements set out in clauses 12 and 13 will apply regardless of the delivery of the ticket method used.
- By “email / e-ticket” option: The Milestone Tix platform provides an opportunity for you to provide your email address and will attempt to deliver your e-ticket by email to that email address. If you do not receive your e-ticket then please contact Milestone Tix by email ticketing@Milestonetix.com.au at least 48 hours before the scheduled event.
- By “at the door” option: Tickets delivered through “at the door” delivery option are typically available one hour prior to the event start time at the location set by the EVENT ORGANISER.
- By “Post” or “Registered Post” option: Please ensure you supply the correct billing and credit card account information for ticket orders as incorrect details will delay processing and delivery. Milestone Tix and EVENT ORGANISER do not post to PO Boxes.
- Delivery of tickets are the responsibility of the EVENT ORGANISER, unless Milestone Tix has undertaken to provide this service to the EVENT ORGANISER. If you have selected delivery through the mail, please allow at least 15 working days after your order is made to receive your tickets from the EVENT ORGANISER unless the EVENT ORGANISER has provided express delivery options. If you have not received your tickets within 40 hours of the event, please contact the EVENT ORGANISER via the phone number or email address supplied on the EVENT ORGANISER Milestone Tix event page or contact Milestone Tix at ticketing@Milestone Tix.com.au.
- All purchases are charged to your credit card at the time of purchase, not at the time of entry to the event.
Section 14: Cancelled Events
- Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the EVENT ORGANISER due to weather conditions or situations affecting the staff or audience. When this occurs, the EVENT ORGANISER will make every effort to ensure you receive a prompt refund and/or exchange if applicable.
- If an event is cancelled or postponed, refunds will be determined by the EVENT ORGANISER.
- To find out about the refund availability and process: you will be notified by email if you have opted in to receive email updates; or you can review notices posted on the EVENT ORGANISER’s website or contact the EVENT ORGANISER via the email address supplied on the EVENT ORGANISER’s Milestone Tix listing.
- If the event was moved or rescheduled, the EVENT ORGANISER may set refund limitations. Contact the EVENT ORGANISER for exact instructions.
- If a refund has been confirmed by Milestone Tix then the following refund method applies:
- If you booked online or by phone using a credit card, Milestone Tix will automatically refund to the credit card used for purchase within 14 days of notifying you that a refund for this event applies.
- If you booked in an authorised Milestone Tix retail outlet, please return to the same outlet you purchased from and take along with you your Milestone Tix receipt to obtain a full refund within 90 days of the event cancellation. You will be asked to sign for your refund. If you are genuinely unable to return to the store for a refund, please contact support@Milestone Tix.com.au providing details of the event and point of purchase and any other information as reasonably required to allow Milestone Tix to arrange a refund. Note that any refunds conducted through this method will take significantly longer than refunds conducted through the retail outlet.
- If you purchased the ticket(s) independently of the Milestone Tix platform, you will need to return the tickets directly to the place where you purchased the tickets.
Exchanges And Refunds
- Before purchasing tickets, carefully review your event and ticket selection. NO REFUND OR EXCHANGE ON ANY TICKET will be given except during cancellation or rescheduling, or relocation of an event by the seller, or circumstances required by Live Performance Australia code of practice for Event Ticketing (www.liveperformance.com.au) given that the customer has requested the refund within a reasonable time and provide valid proof of purchase. Refund liability is limited to the total amount of the ticket purchase (including any fees or charges). The seller is not liable for expenses incurred as a result of the cancellation.
- If an event is cancelled by the SELLER for any reason, the Buyer will not receive a refund of any Booking Fee associated with that ticket purchase. That includes Platform Fee, Milestone Tix Agent Fee, any associated Seller Fee and Transaction Fee (merchant or credit card).
- Milestone Tix cannot offer you a refund if you can no longer attend an event or any personal circumstances, however you may give your tickets to another person to use but you must change the name and email assigned to the tickets in the Milestone Tix system for tracking and reminder purposes.
- Name changes policies may vary on an event basis. Please check specific event terms of service regarding name changes.
- Milestone Tix will not replace lost, stolen or damaged hard copy tickets. Lost e-tickets can be re-issued to owners to the initial email address used to purchase the tickets minimum 48 hours prior the event.
EVENT ORGANISERS may reserve the right of:
- Admission to events, latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break.
- To change/withdraw advertised artists, programs or seating without notice.
- EVENT ORGANISERS may also append the Milestone Tix terms and conditions and these additional terms are displayed and agreed to by the purchaser during the booking process.